So, you didn't have the item available to send to your customer...that's OK, it happens from time to time. What do you do next?
- Communicate with your customer that you will be refunding their purchase via PayPal.
- Refund the customer via PayPal.* (see below)
- Send a copy of the refunded transaction to email@example.com. Please include your store name and indicate this transaction was refunded.
- Once the invoice fee hits your account, we will remove it. Yes, unfortunately, we have to wait for the fee to hit your account first, but rest assured, we will issue the refund.
*Here's how to issue a refund through PayPal:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Activity near the top of the page.
- Click the payment you want to refund.
- Click Refund this payment.
- For "Refund amount," enter the amount you want to refund, and then click Continue.
- Review your information to make sure you entered the correct refund amount, and then click Issue Refund.
Click here for more information on the refund process. We're always here to help if this seems a little muddy, just give a shout!